Tuesday, March 18, 2014

MAC Powder Blush in Ambering Rose

I wanted to talk about my first MAC Blush! So this is kinda special. :) I know, i know, so lame that i only have one, YET. Before i was kinda a one-blush-at-a-time girl. Until i was exposed to the magical and colourful blush world.
I normally go for the pink, matte shades. So at the time i purchased this blush, i was in my adventurous-self and decided to stray away from my usual shade picks. I bought this blush together with my NARS Blush in Orgasm (review here). That one is a peachy-pink shade, which i also don't have in my blush collection. If you can call 3 blushes a collection, that is.


The MAC Ambering Rose is part of the SS variant (sheertone shimmer), meaning it has shimmers in it. I don't hate shimmery formula as long as its really fine, otherwise it will emphasize my pores or worse, makes my face look like there have been an oil spill.
Thankfully, the MAC Ambering Rose has really fine shimmers in it. It just gives me a subtle golden glow.

The shade is described as "muted rose", but in my eyes i think its more of a brown~red~pink with a gold shimmer shade. Whatever! Haha!
I loved this blush the first time i tried it, instantly it made me think of summer! This blush is good for summer season since it has a bronzing effect in my cheeks. And also it's one of those blushes that kinda sculpts and contour your cheeks, therefore you don't need to use a bronzer to contour! Way to go, that'll save me a few swatches in my bronzer.


On the packaging, it's the same ol' same ol' classic black shimmery smooth good quality plastic. I prefer this smooth plastic packaging either than the matte one cause you could just wipe away fallouts and dirt as easy as 1-2-3. Plus this kind never go out of style.

Swatched using my fingers, uneven. Sorry!
When it comes to pigmentation, i can say this blush is much more pigmented when compared to my NARS Orgasm. But my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush comes up one notch in pigmentation than this one. But it's highly buildable so you can apply a few more swatches if you want more color in your cheeks.
This applies smoothly and very blend-able, not at all chalky or patchy. 

Forgive the photobomber head of my daughter. Hihi.
I hope you can see the sculpting/contouring effect on my cheeks in the photo. It's more prominent in person. And in person its more brown and has golden shimmers that is so purrrteey!
When it comes to staying power, this blush does not disappoint! I've tried wearing it for a straight 6hrs. and when i got home and checked, you can still see traces of it in my cheeks.

My VERDICT: 


LOVE:
-I specifically love this shade, maybe because this is my my first one?
-It gives me a golden 'healthy' glow
-Fair price for a blush ($21 for 0.12oz)
-Blendable
-Color is buidable
-Stays a decent 6hours
-

HATE:
-Call me biased but nothing to hate.

REPURCHASE: I will definitely try other more shades from MAC! And they have a million shades to choose from!

TIP: For those people who are holding up because of the shimmers, i promise this has very fine glitter specks in it. But if you think its too much for you, you can tone it down with a matte loose finishing powder. I personally use my Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana. And it also makes your makeup last longer! :)

Have you tried a MAC Blush yet? I'm sure you have! Any recommendations on which shade to try next? Please share in the comments below! 




WHERE TO BUY: SumWear Co. Online Shop | for Philippine Residents

Looking for US Makeups & Tools?
Order thru my Online Shop: SumWear Co. Online Beauty Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! Don't shy away, if you have questions for me or have anything to say. Feel free to comment below. Love lots! ❤